Making the Decision to Run
Serious Questions to consider before making the commitment to run for office
1. Do I want the Job?
2. Do I know what I want to do with the Job?
3. Can I take the time to run for office and work, take classes, etc.?
4. Is this the right time?
5. Can I take the name-calling, lies and gossip?
6. Can I win?
7. Can I afford to lose?
8. Can I afford to win (if taking a pay cut)?
9. Can I raise enough money?
10. Can I do this to my family?
Finding Common Ground with our Party Platform
In addition to determining if you are ready to run for office or if now is the right time to run, we ask every potential candidate to examine our Mainstreet Platform to determine if the Citizens Party is the best match for you. While complete agreement is unlikely, aspiring Citizens Party Candidates should share a significant amount of common ground on the issues with the Citizens Party platform. Sign-up and create your profile page. We will discuss your interest and plans. We also offer a private group just for candidates and potential candidates.
Required Steps for Citizens Party Candidates
In order to run for office with the Citizens Party, all potential candidates must complete the following requirements:
- Citizens Party Candidate Declaration Form (Intent to Run and Good Government Pledge) To be revised March 2019
- Candidate Questionnaire (Coming Soon!)
- Background form (Candidates must request - Not available online)
- Petition Papers (Presidential and Vice-Presidential Candidates only)
- Online Endorsements (Presidential and Vice-Presidential Candidates only)
Use the sign-up form below to run for office as a Citizens Party candidate.
Thank You! All potential candidates should sign-up and create a profile.